clarifiedchaos

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sorry Brad Pitt, i'm hanging with my honey

My girls and I tease and male bash our guys shamelessly in front of them because it’s fun. We would never admit it to them but behind their backs we pity them. However dingy they may be, we know we are ten times worse. At least I am.

A few weeks ago Bobby was invited to this thing. I’m calling it a thing to protect the innocent. I told Bobby I’d do a small thing but I’m uncomfortable doing a big thing. Of course when I said that the thing grew and as it grew I became more leery. Oh get your minds out of the gutter. It’s just a thing where you have to be half way understandable… Hello? Little miss freakish speech here…

“If you tell me to I’ll cancel it.” Bobby would say each night. My male readers are calling Bobby pussied whipped. However the girls know this is a trap. If I say yes, I’d be the wicked witch of the west for a month.

“Do whatever you want sweetheart.” I said. Girls what does that mean? Cancel the freaking thing and you shall be rewarded. Does he cancel? Of course not.

In the beginning of our marriage we were passionate fighters. The bastard left his sock on the floor, I’m leaving him. Between growing a little wiser, a little mellower, and just too damn busy, we don’t fight that much anymore. We snap and go on.

Occasionally I find myself blowing things out of proportion. Old habits die hard. Trying to be grown up I told Bobby you go to your thing and I’ll do a movie day. He’s not god. I don’t need to spend every second with him. Besides he’ll never do this, he’ll be miserable without me.

“That’s perfect.” Damnit bobby. Can’t he hear the voices in my head screaming at him, for they really do love him. “Danger Bobby James danger.” “You should take Theresa or Lindy with you.” He said. You big silly Prick. That was the wrong answer, beg me to go with you.

“I think Lindy has a wedding thing and Theresa has a Soo Bahk Do thing.” I said. I didn’t know this for sure. But I couldn’t invite them because if I did it would foil my plan. If I went out with my girls, I wouldn’t be miserable. It might even be a blast. If I was having fun, I could not teach Bobby a lesson. Although now I’ve confused myself so much, I forgotten how exactly this would punish Bobby… Hey two out of the five voices in my head say I make sense.

As lame as it sounds I still like hanging out with my honey. I know he loves me, but every now and then it would be nice to be reminded he likes me too. I screwed up. I should have asked him to cancel a week ago because I honestly feel uncomfortable at this thing and its not something he feels passionate about… I’m sure to his buddies faces he’ll whine how awful I am. Never admitting instead of doing this thing, he had a fabulous day in Kemah sailing with his lovely wife.

But this is a mute point now because its too late for Bobby to cancel. It’s really is, no traps. I’ve sloppily made my bed, I should just lie in it. I guess there are worse things then spending the evening with Brad Pitt. I made such a big deal about if he can have fun without me, I can have fun all by myself. I can’t change my mind now. Yup. I’ll go. All by myself. If I back out now I’d be one of those wives I hate, you know the kind, they can’t live without their dorky… funny… cute… cuddly… oh just shoot me.

3 Comments:

Blogger clarified said...

no kidding, i'll be pulling web stuff off of my but for weeks...

12/6/05 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahhahahehehehhehe she said but heheheheh sorry cant help it.. hahahhha

12/6/05 8:25 PM  
Blogger clarified said...

I'm so happy to know i'm expanding all this energy writing this column to give you & david more ammo...

12/6/05 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home