clarifiedchaos

Monday, March 13, 2006

Self Motivational Slut

I'm starting this new seminar stuff. And most of the time it feels like 4 step backwards, 3 and 7/8 forwards. But my husband likes it because it keeps me focus and when I'm busy, my nagging decreases.

I'm trying all these ways to promote myself. One "gimmick" is I'm offering a monthly seminar at the college to surrounding businesses. So far I had three, 1 successful, 2 a burst. Bob thinks I should keep doing them til the cows come home…yeah, he supportive and stuff but bottom line, if I'm busy doing a thousand letter mail out, I don't have time to smother him with my attention.

At first I thought no. I can't. its too depressing when no one shows up. Then I thought, I work better with a deadline, sad but true, stems from my newspaper background. If I don't have a date, I’ll probably end up procrastinating. But still, three weeks of work and no one shows up sucks majorly.

So there are my options, More deadlines and painting a huge bull eye across my forehead for rejection or murder because I go psycho when bob leaves the seat up. Which "normal me" laughs at, are women incapable of putting the seat down? I never understood this great battle between the sexes…

I'm debating and debating this. Then it occurred to me that I usually have my seminars in the mornings and Bob usually takes the day off. Maybe I could make this work for me. I'll do the huge mail out, make the calls to the 4th follow up, put my heart soul, and paper cuts into it. And if the seminar is successful, sushi for everyone. And if it fails…

If no one shows up, I'll blink away my tears, Bobby will asked what will make his wife feel better… With some thought, not too long or he'll suggest some action movie, not too fast or he'll know it was a set up. "maybe lunch and magaritas in Kemah" in a weak, fragile voice… I wonder if this makes me a self-motivational slut? If it does… COOL.

So here I go again. Wednesday I'll ask Bobby to schedule the next seminar and I'll get busy contacting folks. Why Wednesday? Why not tomorrow? Tomorrow I have to plan out my next 12 "failure days." First Kemah… We like Kemah, Then maybe lunch at the Black Lab & a walk through a museum… I wonder how far I can push this? Bbq lunch in College station… a trip to the factory outlets in San Marcos… a Night at our favorite Bed & breakfast…

This could work. My career my still be in the toilet, but I'll have a monthly date with my husband to look forward too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home