clarifiedchaos

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bridal Insanity

I always say that anything can be fun with the right company. This theory was proven Saturday. I attended the Houston Bridal Extravaganza. I think I attended one long ago in San Antonio. I must have mentally blocked it out or something. Because I certainly did not  recall the sheer chaos.

Bobby dropped me off at the gate to wedded hell. I teased Nicholas. He has never been to a wedding. I don't think he fully grasps what a bride is. But I told him, come with me and I'll buy you anything in there, thinking he'd say ok. Nicholas grabbed his daddy, tried to hold back his tears, and begged him to make mommy go alone. So much for raising a sensitive male. No I didn't make him go… but it was funny torturing him.

First the good stuff. My son's godmother found the most beautiful wedding gown. Although that was annoying because no bride-to-be should look good in every damn dress she tries. Lindy did. I started mentally nit picking so I could leave without a crushed ego. So we got the dress, the dj, the photographer who was a college buddy which is very cool.

Does anybody remember the book Where's Waldo. Lindy, her sister, Lindy's future mom-in-law and I played Where's the chocolate fountain. There were 6 chocolate fountains booths spread throughout the convention center. May I brag? We found all six. Have you seen these fountains, just like Champaign fountains, just spuing warm chocolate. They are awesome. I'm going to rent one for Bobby's 50th.  I know it's a ways away but it'll give my poor husband something to look forward to. Anyways that was a fun game, but boy those booth people start getting testy after your 5th, 6th sampling. And trying to fill up an empty cup with chocolate, is a definite no. incase yall were wondering.

We had fun and I'm honored I went and all that. That being said, it was almost like visiting another planet. It was packed, I honestly can't remember the last time I was in a people's traffic jam. There were many beautiful brides but I was surprised to see how many teeny-bopper brides there seemed to be. You could always pick them out. They were the ones bitching about the "open" dressing rooms. Come on, it's a convention center, not Neiman Marcus.

You forget how many things you can get for weddings. I'm sure there were at least 500 booths filled with dresses, musicians, bakeries, photographer, dj's, florists, caterers, center piece makers, limo rentals,  make up folks, hair dressers, tux rentals… lions and tigers and bears… I'm definitely eloping my next marriage… oh I'm kidding!

I'm very excited about this wedding but I think the bride's gonna kill me. I'm thinking about taking Nicholas to the wedding, than ditching him. but he's her Godson. Blah. Blah. Blah. This reception is like the event of my year, which shows how pathetic my social life is. I plan to get the cutest black dress ever. Maybe even, God forbid go shopping at the galleria… Get my husband drunk at the chocolate fountain. And dance all night. <squeal>.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to "" my wife...squeal.

hahhahahahah

bring on the choc and pipe...

27/7/05 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Nick, I can understand a hall full of bride-to-be's would scare the hell out of any man. Especially if one of them was his!!!!!


Love you Claire....

27/7/05 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no blog no blog today why!!???????????????????????


wimp!!!!!!!!!

28/7/05 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 days no blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/8/05 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home