clarifiedchaos

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bob's a Nerd, His friends are Nerds, Won't i wanna be a Nerd too? No! Well maybe...

I think I sorta did a bad thing. When I first met Bobby I felt like I had to compensate for my lack of beauty so I told him I was smart. Who the hell knew he was dumb enough to believe me. Yeah Bobby I’ve thrown every strategic game we’ve ever play because I just like boosting your ego…

 

But for 11 years I’ve been able to fake it. That is, until now. So I’m mouthing off, Shocking huh? And I tell Bobby he should teach me how to fix computers, ask he’s new boss to give me a internship, since to know me is to love me. after the internship, he'll beg me to stay. They do a lot of remote work so it’s a plausible plan. I’ll do this, I’ll do my seminars, I’ll get the other Mio job I really want and everything will be good. (I really don't need to sleep juliebeth!) 

 

Ok, here’s what I thought. Bobby would try to work with me a few evenings but between, dinner, biking, Nicholas’ school, Nicholas’ cubs, Nicholas cce, Nicholas’ drum lessons, and the fall tv season, it just won't happen. And I could blame him when he has another crappy gift birthday. (his birthday is right after Christmas and Nicholas’ birthday so he usually gets a homemade “coupon”. Very cute the first year I did it, not so much now…)

 

But if he got a coupon this year, it'll be his own damn fault. Because I begged him 4 months ago to share his knowledge but he blew me off. Damn, maybe I won't even give him a coupon this year. How could he blow me off. Stuck up computer nerd, kiss my…

 

Oops, There goes another plan up in smoke. Bobby left a book on my desk this morning. A very thick book. I’m sure I had the same look of disgust Nicholas had when I gave him the third Harry Potter. There’s a lotta pages.

 

“Windows XP Operating Systems.” And there’s a bonus. There’s even a test. oh yay! Yay yay freakin yay! I was kinda hoping for more of a hands on approach, Bobby, me, fondling the keyboard. But a book would require reading and thinking. That’s just, like work and shit.

 

And, here’s the kicker, my husband has said a hundred times “I just can't learn that stuff from a book.” But I can? Whatever! Freak.

 

You know I could be a grown up about this, and just open the book. If I can lift the cover, or I can just procrastinate til I get my part time gig and accidentally spill a Coke on the book. Working is so overrated!

 

but Yes I will. Just to prove to him I truly suck at all of my employment endeavors. Won't it be hysterical when I apply for a job with him and he has to say “you’re not qualified!”

 

For those of you who know me, you know I’m just writing to say I wrote all day for you know after I post this, I will be tempted to learn px, xs, fx… what the hell was it. Oh, XP. That’s like a program for adobe right?

 

Good thing I’m so adorable…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Books, tests, eeewww. I feel your pain, baby. Sometimes I look at Raul's books and I think, "what is that, Martian?" Maybe we should just go get a facial and shop for shoes ... ;-)
Pamela

22/8/07 4:41 AM  
Blogger CurrentlyVince said...

You're so right. Anyone who tries to learn stuff by reading big, heavy books is a freak.

Hey, wait a minute!

Um, maybe you could, like, stick the book on the seat of your chair and see what you can pick up by osmosis as you go about your daily business. Heck, maybe if you sit on it long enough, the thick book will become a thin book. . . .

22/8/07 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home