clarifiedchaos

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Go go go, Go Granny Racer

I don't like airing my marital problems online but I just can't let this go. It ruin a really awesome weekend because its stewed in my brain. Bobby said something to me that is just untrue, unforgivable,  and just cruel.

 

Without this "incident" I couldn't have planned a more enjoyable weekend. We drove to Dallas Friday. Went to Six Flags Saturday with friends. Did the Easter thing Sunday. And came back Monday.

 

Six Flags was a total blast. Bobby went under silent protest. He suffers from "chosen amnesia" He can have a blast anywhere but he forgets. it took 3 rides for him to stop staring at me like we were at the dentist. by Saturday night he was talking season passes and staying longer. Next time I suggest going, he'll look at me like I'm an alien freak. Because he'll honestly swear he thinks he hates theme parks. But I do thank him for being cooperative, that is until…

 

So we are driving back to Bobby's mom and we're playing what was your favorite part of the day. Nicholas loved the water rides. Bobby enjoyed riding Mr. Freeze Rollercoaster. And as lame as it sounds I just enjoyed the beautiful-not-to-hot day with wonderful company.

 

Speaking strictly from the rides aspect, I loved the go-carts. And that's saying a lot because the go-carts cost extra and anytime I ride go-carts I get the "look" from all the workers. The "I don't think you can even wipe your own ass please don't drive my go-carts" look. I pretend to ignore them as Bobby puts me in the cart.

 

Light turns green and I take off. And I'm feeling good. Wind in my hair. Adrenaline flowing. B52's in stereo in my head. It was such a gorgeous day. I was absolutely high on life. The go-cart boys even started to smile at me as I went round and round. Bobby asked if I needed a cigarette as my fantasy thrilled ride ended.

 

What a perfect day. Within minutes of driving back to mom's Nicholas was out cold. Feeling good, I wanted to playfully flirt with my adorable husband. "Next time you have to be my passenger in the go-carts."

 

All that good-Samaritan-shit bob built up all day, exploded in his face in that millisecond. I was ready for all kinds of comebacks like you're a crazy driver… you drive to fast… anything. But what he said hurt to the core… he said "You drive like a granny."

 

Excuse me? Oh no he didn't. first of all, that's just wrong… And… Mean… And… Mean… Mean Bobby.  Maybe something's wrong with my old man's bifocals. Because I was kicking it. Maybe I was going so fast that I was caught in a slow motion earth time warp.

 

I had the pedal to the medal. I had the accelerator to the floor baby… on the straight-a-ways I was led foot… I might have been a little cautious around the curves but… it's not my fault that the track was mostly curves… Damnit.

 

But I looked good? Right? Sigh… giggle giggle giggle, A legend in my own mind...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go speed racer go speed racer go speed racer goooooo


wwwaaaahahhahahahhaha

18/4/06 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would have passed me like I was standing still because I drive a Saturn. And that song in your head from the B52's... I'll bet it was "Love Shack"

18/4/06 6:13 PM  
Blogger clarified said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

18/4/06 6:43 PM  
Blogger clarified said...

darn tootin' it was love shack honey

18/4/06 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home