clarifiedchaos

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Pet Peeves

I thought I’d share my newly developing pet peeves which could drive me to madness but oh no, too late!

 

The first one is called fishes fishes everywhere but none for me. So we go fishing Saturday night and everyone on the pier is catching fishes but me. This may be a slight exaggeration but it was really a good night and I know for a fact that the two families on both sides of us were catching them two by two. It was really crazy.

 

And I make Bobby buy a form ice chest because I had no doubt I’d be bringing my mommy fish that night. Two freaking hours I caught 2 tiny ones. (Bobby was kind, he didn’t point out one was “illegal” because I hooked his gill.)

 

What made this horribly unbearable was we were with kids. And I was trying to teach Nicholas how it was a great night and we were with our friends, enjoying their company, so who gives a @#$!#%^& about catching fish.

 

The good news is at this point in my life, I can rationalize anything. I know, it’s a gift! If I sucked, Bobby sucked more because he only caught 4 and the lady besides him caught like 20… Why oh Why?

 

My next annoyance happened at Dave & Busters. It’s like a ritzy arcade. The only game I could become addicted to is on a platform with a high bar stool in front of it. Bobby helped me upon the great throne once but it took me like 7 minutes to find my balance and the game only last like 2 minutes. Fantastic. I’m not embarrassed at all. I need one in a dark corner, at the normal height, I’d be so happy. Just drop me there and pick me up on your way out.

 

My last trauma caught me off guard and I wasn’t expecting it. I am so excited because we are going on our first vacation we’ve been on in years. Before I get hate mail. Seattle was too short and I love love camping but occasionally a crip needs indoor plumbing & room service.

 

ANYWAYS I’m planning this fabulous trip with my college roommate and we are deciding what days we would do what. And she said something that registered about a hour later (I’m slow…) and I shrieked in pure horror. Pool? Kids? Lay out we can? But that would entail… oh shit! I’ve haven’t worn a swim suit for public people watching in years. And might I say the world has thanked me for that contribution to keeping the world beautiful.

 

I need a way to let go of my minor obsessions. Let’s see, we can plan another fishing trip so I can redeem myself. I really don't need to get hooked on a silly arcade game. Besides, the more tickets I win the better chance Nicholas will want to get another air horn thingy. By the way Tim, since you were so generous and helped get Nicholas the horn, I must buy lexy a equally… how should I say? Equally “entertaining” toy.

 

I even got the pool thing figured out. Think, long flowing sundresses. Cute. Functional. Perfect.

 And once again, my world is happy.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Glenn A. Parker said...

I bet you look great in a bikini!

4/6/08 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home