clarifiedchaos

Monday, August 07, 2006

I Miss You... Kinda

For the first 6 years of his life, Nicholas best friend's older sister babysat him occasionally. This set up was sweet for him. for him it was just a glorified play date… he encouraged us to go out… Suggested we get drinks after the movie… No rush.

 

About seven months ago they moved. Bobby and I really don't go out that much and I can usually pawn him off on my mom. She usually offers more then we need so I wasn't in a rush to find a sitter.

 

Lately we're having more evening errands. So I thought it'd be a good idea if we found a sitter who was close that we could use as backup. Across our street there's this sweet girl. A little younger than Nicholas' beloved first babysitter, but very responsible, and her parents said that they are always home. Nicholas even plays basketball with her. This is perfect.     

 

I told Bobby let's just test it. He and his evil twin buddy found a new hang out so I invited myself along as Bobby rolled his eyes. For political reasons with future networking opportunities, I'll just say it was a lovely experience but yall can keep the "No girls allowed," banner…

 

We were away from Nicholas 2 hours and 17 minutes. Now let me explain Nicholas. He wants me if he's sick. He wants me when he's scared. Otherwise, he's exactly like his father, as long as I'm where I'm supposed to be, he's happy. To show affection he now wrestles with me and gives me nuggies. I've never found physical proof but I honestly believe when he goes on trips with our families, they pay him to call me to tell me he misses me.

 

So we get home and the boy tells me he misses me about 5 times in a 45 minute span. First two times it was enduring, 3rd and 4th times it felt as if it was politically motivated. By the 5th I'm like get a grip boy…

 

  Here is my theory, he sees her as a peer not as a sitter plus he's going through a "I hate girls stage." If you ever wanna wind him up, point out his mommy is a girl… I'm hoping he'll get better because with my business we really do need to go to more networking stuff… If not, I do have a no-fail backup plan, bribery. Started with his daddy, passed in his DNA, a trip to Walmart makes anything bearable.

 

For those Nan Sayers who don't know him and thinks oh maybe he just really missed ya. It's a nice dream but I have proof. He's been at his MawMaws in Dallas for 23 hours now… I talked to my Mother-in-law about four times, (a little about him but other stuff too, like update on sick relatives.) Has he asked to talk to me? To IM me? Survey says the big NO.

 

Damn, I should have tape his "I missed you." it's ok… he'll call by Friday. Because he will want us to bring something when we go up Saturday… and I'll ignore the background voice reminding him to say "I miss you mommy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home