clarifiedchaos

Monday, August 25, 2008

Career Moves, Bob up, Claire down

Here’s the problem. I don’t think things through. I understand things that are happening, I just don't always comprehend the repercussions. For example, before Bobby started Ultrasound school we went to dinner with our friends. We ate at Chuys. I even remember what we all ordered. We had this really cute conversation about how cool it would be to perform ultrasound on the opposite sex and to get paid for it. And I admit I freely participated in the conversation. But I guess I thought it was hypothetical. Like our “5 people list”. Like  if Bobby’s ever stuck in a elevator with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Or I’m stranded on a desert island with Benjamin bratt…

 

So Bobby starts school and every week he tells me about the scans on the throat he does and 50 other things he does that I don't understand but his face is happy so I assume it is good. so last week he comes home all excited because he did his 1st scan on the heart on another cute well endowed student.

 

I took rocks for jocks in college as my science. So it was cool to learn you can do a scan of the heart through the throat. Yup. Yup. I need to believe this because if you actually had to do a scan above the heart that means Bobby would actually have to touch non-throat areas and I’ll have to break his hands. Bummer.

 

I’m Kidding. I'll just make it about me, like I always do. He has to  “intern” for my brother for a while so surely my brother only has elderly male patients. Surely. And if that doesn’t work, I can be bought off. An hour with phil and his warm rocks every week. Phil gives massages! Geez… And I’ll pretend when the boys are on the porch smoking stokies, they are evilly grinning about wonderful surprises they plan to bestow on us. and not listening to Bobby's "ultrasound" story of the week. Whatever gets me through the night right.

 

The other problem I didn’t see coming is on a more serious note. After years of sucking at many business ideas, (although in my favor I think my seminars can be huge but I don't know how to market it.) I think my dimphotos shows the most potential. Yesterday I got my first “contract” of steady work. and it kinda pushes my little toe to the door of potential opportunities. If I get several contracts maybe I could even hire someone part time to do a little delivery, some errands… ya know.

 

I can't even say what it is because its too… Bobby and juliebeth have talked me into it. (when I call you in tears…) It’s making slideshows of love ones who have recently passed on. Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong to make money at this? Hello? From a purely ethical standpoint it seems wrong. To profit from death. Not to mention sad and a little creepy. But I had to laugh because this could only happen to me because the lady who contacted us was surprised that my price was like ¼ of what she was paying. And I thought we overpriced it. We’ll see.

 

I can’t end on such a depressing note so I’ll end on a morbid one. I’ve decided that David can do my slides when the time comes, with Michael Bolton music. (trust me, its funny. Isn’t it nice to know I plan to annoy you from the great beyond?) But here’s the problem. You’ll have to use pictures from like the 90s and your wedding. I looked good at your wedding… I discovered I have a new compulsive in which I choose nothing to do about. last week I needed a ugly picture of myself (that’s another story but…) and I realize, I had none! Because I sorta… deleted all the bad pictures of me. Ain’t that cool? Bobby takes pictures of like weekend trips, downloads them & kinda forgets them and I go in and “edit” them. Its amazing Bobby & Nicholas are never deleted. Weird huh?

 

Bobby is never downloading pictures on my computer again. teeheehee.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home