clarifiedchaos

Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Compulsive Camper

I have decided I'm banding myself from Walmart as I prepare for our first real family vacation. We are going camping for a week. It's going to be great. Friends are stopping by. My mom is even reserving a few days for tent space. With Nicholas' bike and some good fishing, a good time will be had by all.

I joke that I live in suburbia hell but truthfully we live in a nice house in a nice area. We have a lot of stuff. Yet I'm a wreck because I feel the need to fully furnish a 100 square feet pop up camper. Intellectually, I realize that if I have everything in my house that I need, I should be able to pack the same stuff.  But let's face it, packing sucks. Shopping is more fun. Today Bobby is thanking God I cannot drive other wise he might come home to 200 square feet of stuff. No technically it's not too much junk, haven't y'all ever heard of stacking?

Bobby is from the old camping school. All you need is a toothbrush and a can of beans. I'm literally taking a break from trying to unscrew the kitchen sink. It's stainless steel, wouldn't you feel silly if you were in the middle of the woods and you needed a stainless steal sink? It's all I'm saying.

I figure if Bobby doesn't kill me in the next week as we prepare for this grand adventure, we'll be good to go. As for my Walmart fetish, I decided to compromise. I'll let myself go crazy in a dollar store and see if that takes the edge off. If not, the dollar store is right next to Target and Academy Sporting Goods and…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep going to the dollor store with you manual chair... in the little car... not takeing anything but $20.00 and a drivers lic and proof of insurence... and a pocket knife in case that I have to give ya a flat to keep away from the other stores...

hahahahahahha lub

23/6/05 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home