clarifiedchaos

Monday, June 20, 2005

Your walker is unforgetable...

Bobby always teases me because I am recognized everywhere, me and Paris Hilton. Usually I'm waved at by former high school mates. I don't have the heart to point out that when you live 4 miles from your old high school, you're bound to bump into one of the 700 seniors of your graduating class. It's not amazing, just unavoidable. Gee, he's supposed to be the intellectual one. I'm also still recognized at a few pubs around town… But we probably shouldn't look at that phenomenon too closely.

We all have little lies we tell ourselves. Occasionally when I'm pointed out, I tell myself they remember me because I was so brilliant or had an amazing wit. Or my favorite, usually only thought of after visiting the local pub, I am recognized just because I'm that hot. But let's face it 99 out of 100 people remember my cripness. I think out of all my accidental meetings through the years, only one counts. A few years back I was attending a sporting event and was yelled at by from across the gym. You know you’re screwed if someone from your past calls you by your full name, especially if it’s of the opposite sex. I quickly introduced my adoring husband.

This morning I stumbled onto an old friend/mentors blog. I was tickled pink so without thinking I immediately emailed him. He was a director of a camp I attended. Great Claire, you expect a poor guy to remember you from like 5,000 campers… Yup! I'm kidding. He also chaperoned my first skiing trip and visited a few times at the house so I'm not totally deranged. Just a tad...

So there you go, this will settle the argument, do folks really remember me? I figure if he doesn't respond in the next 43 minutes, he doesn't remember who the hell I am. I win. It also maybe that yes, indeed he does remember me, That's exactly why he's not responding… I swear I had nothing to do with your boxers up the flagpole. 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, whose underwear went up a flag pole, yours or their's???????????????????????????????????????????????

20/6/05 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok whos boxers ya been playing with??????????

20/6/05 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claire I love your stories , your humor is great ! You are such a mutli faceted person !

20/6/05 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home