clarifiedchaos

Friday, June 24, 2005

Forget Paris, I need a bookstore

At first glance, people probably pity me. After getting to know me they definitely pity Bobby, wondering if insanity was a side effect of my cerebral palsy or do I just come by it naturally. But when all is said and done I've had some awesome times with my dearest friends. I've snow skied, tried martial arts, traveled, went on a hot air balloon ride on my 25th birthday over Napa Valley. Which by the way is a thorn in Bobby's side because how is he going to ever beat that? Cool. Maybe he'll take it as a challenge. Naw, he'll except defeat and drown his sorrows in another episode of combat. Damnit…

It struck me as very odd that yesterday I caught myself doing a happy dance when my Nicholas' Godmommy suggested we go to a book store. My happy dance used to be reserved for trips and exciting weekends. We've eaten at the finest restaurant, she was proposed to in Paris. We are planning a fabulous girl's getaway. So the act of going to our favorite bookstore shouldn't be the highlight of my week, sadly, I'm squealing with glee just thinking about it.

We'll go Saturday. No I promised Nicholas it was his day. How about Sunday? She said no, must work in yard. Says the weeds were almost to her hips. I'm thinking, that's not so bad, she's a beautiful petite, it's only really bad when the weeds reach her neck. Yuck. When did we become responsible? Next weekend I'm outa here. She's gone the following one. Then starts the bridal shows season. As its sits we are going to the bookstore in early 2006.

That's right, I can't wait to go to the bookstore where we will gossip and forget about real life. That is, except for flipping through the wedding, relationships, career, and how-to books…

But at last I can dream a little dream of hanging out in my favorite bookstore with one of my favorite people. Do I dare include having a leisurely lunch at our Vietnamese restaurant in my crazy fantasy? Some say it's too much to ask but by damn I think I will.

Until then, we'll always have email Baby…

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH THATS A HELL OF LOT CHEAPER THAN PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IM HOLDING YA TO IT BABY!!!!!

HAHAHAH

24/6/05 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes and there where witneses when she said it!!!

27/6/05 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home