clarifiedchaos

Friday, July 01, 2005

Just Add Water and Poof!

Does anyone know anything about these websites that advertise earn $1500 a week filling out surveys? Hell if you do, and you hook me up, I'll give you my 2nd paycheck, after my first check clears. I'm dead serious.

After vacation I'll start a search on the net for a new gig but I can't help but wonder about these surveys for cash offers. I've always been taught that if its sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I guess for $49.98 I can find out. Because that seems to be the going rate to buy the top secret information for this amazing career.

Three words come to mind, Roll-N-Grow. Or is that one word? Anyway, I shamefully got hooked on an infomercial. You'd think I'd know better because in a former life, I produced one. It was for one of those computer dictations systems. I'm not saying the product was less than perfect, but when the cutting room floor looks like a sea, ya gotta wondered.

But this one was surely different. Roll-N-Grow was pretty. And only $29.95 + shipping and handling. Although after seeing my final charge on my credit card I'm curious as to why they are handling plants with silk gloves?

I was too lost in my fantasy to worry about it. Hypothetically Roll-N-Grow would solve all of my gardening problems. Short summary: looks like green carpet, you lay it out on flower bed, water daily and poof! It's a weedless English Garden. Bobby was kind enough to lay it out, Nicholas watered it religiously… and absolutely nothing happened. Not even one single droopy flower… I was devastated. My boys were amused to say the least.

So pardon me if I'm not on the phone telling my favorite lawyer quit your job girlfriend, we'll buy two cheap computers, fill out surveys, eat yummy flat noodles, and get filthy rich. My husband is probably wondering why I wouldn't make that offer to him first. Can you image us together 24/7? I didn't think so.

That being said, I'm off on my vacation. If any of my buds are thinking of surprising us but are worried that we want to be alone… We really don't. Trust me. Really really don't. We have enough food for an army and Bobby will be grateful for any adult conversation other than me.

I hope he likes my first surprise. I sorta had to rent an Uhaul for all the stuff... Yup, gonna be a long 10 days for us… 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home