clarifiedchaos

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Ten Year Tick

A recent survey shows that most couples break up after 10 years together because the cuteness factor wears thin and all that is left is socks on the floor. Most people find this survey depressing but not me. I’m a glass is half full kinda gal. I’m impressed if anyone thinks I’m cute for longer than a week. I guess those pills I’m slipping Bobby every night are working.

There must be something in the water because my girls and I have been snippy all week. This is bad because we usually like to take turns flipping out. We always need one girl rational or for like 3 minutes we really believe that us girls are moving to Alaska... Hey it doesn’t have to make sense, we are temporarily insane… just a few minutes, a whole bunch of times…

(don’t worry L, I’m sure I’ll be over it by the bridal show… If not, won’t I be a frackin joy!)

I got to thinking that we have to renew everything from our driver’s license to insurance policies. Hell I have to even apply for a new handicap parking plague every few years, which is cool. I always think maybe the Texas Department of Transportation knows something I don’t. and sometimes in July 2008 I’ll be healed.

Wouldn’t it be funny if we had to renew our wedding vows every ten years? Not a big thing, pay your $5.50 at the courthouse and receive a gold star. Although next year I do wanna renew our vows as it should have been. In Vegas, Elvis, 3 matrons of honor and my best guy-man… all in short dresses. We had a beautiful wedding. Now I want a zany one.

Everybody talks about the 7 year itch but is there also a 10 year tick? Or are we looking for an easy explanation. And is fighting always bad? Because let’s face it, making up rocks. and isn’t anything that is great worth the work?


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 yr twitch if ya ask me...

hhahahahahhahaha
lub

21/7/05 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home